1. Write and publish a book...or two.
2. Eat crepes in Paris.
3. Zip line thru a rain forest canopy in South America.
4. Go on an African safari and see the Big 5.
5. Spend a night with the Maasai.
6. Zorb in New Zealand.
7. White water raft down the Colorado.
8. Drink beer at Oktoberfest.
9. Explore Machu Picchu.
10. Eat sushi in Tokyo.
✓ 11. Move to Washington State.
12. Buy a kayak.
13. Take an impromptu drive up PCH.
14. Visit Monet’s garden in Normandy, France.
✓15. Fall madly in love.
16. Get married.
17. Get a degree in Journalism.
18. Own my own book store.
✓ 19. Meander through Central Park without hurry.
20. Ride a camel to the pyramids of Giza.
21. Hang out with the animals on Galapagos Island.
22. Trek through the Amazon rainforest.
23. Swim in Jellyfish Lake
24. Have a job because of love not because of money.
25. Ride the Napa Valley Wine Train with friends
26. Ride a cable car in San Fran & hang off the side.
✓ 27. Learn not to say yes when I really want to say no.
✓ 28. Learn to let go.
29. Find my passion.
✓ 30. Spend an entire day reading, nothing else.
31. Spend Christmas in Australia.
32. Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.
33. Grow a magnificent garden.
34. Participate in a house exchange with someone from Europe.
35. Go to Holland and pick tulips.
36. Ride a horse on the beach.
37. Learn to play my didgeridoo.
38. Throw a boomerang.
39. Do a Roar & Snore at the San Diego Zoo.
40. Ride a gondola in Venice..before it sinks. The city..not the gondola.
42. Swim at a Hawaiian waterfall.
43. Get acupuncture.
44. Take a cooking class.
45. Go on a honeymoon.
46. Go to Fiji & drink kava with the Maori.
47. Go sailing.
48. Meet Steven Tyler & Johnny Depp. Separately.
49. Learn to play a musical instrument.
50. Remember the important things in life.
Yes, I aim big and think large. But, like my good old friend, Dr. Suess, said:
“And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Updated - December 6, 2014: Wow. Time to update this again. I haven't accomplished much in the past few years but I have learned to let go. I am determined to accomplish more than one of these in 2015.
Updated - June 5, 2010: Getting laid off allowed me to accomplish 2 things on my Bucket List. I spent an entire day reading and it was wonderful. I am on my way to live in Washington State. 2 down! 48 to go!
Updated - April 6, 2010: 2 more down! 46 to go! I plan on checking off at least 4 more before this year is out. I'm moving right along. :)